- Easy topside installation
- Helps provide uniform spacing between deck boards
- Heavy-gauge stainless-steel construction
- Nail-free deck surface helps limit the potential for damage from the elements and mushrooming in composite decking
- Each fastener hides between boards to give a deck a smooth, blemish-free, finished appearance
- Holds a large surface area of the decking board to provide secure attachment to each support joist
Simpson deck fasteners are manufactured with heads coloured to match AZEK PVC decking as well as VEKADeck PVC decking, and their trim-style heads are less noticeable on the decking surface. Coarse threads on approximately two-thirds of the shank draw decking and other materials tightly to the framing, though pre-drilling is recommended near board ends to prevent splitting.
Starborn’s superior fastening system has two components – the Pro Plug PVC tool which drives fasteners to the correct depth every time; and the Deck/Trim plugs made from actual decking so they match perfectly. The fasteners are ACQ-approved and feature a star-drive recess.
Cap-Tor is the only line of deck screws on the market designed specifically for capstock and composite decking. With an auger tip for faster, easier entry and reverse thread to prevent mushrooming and other surface defects, the Cap-Tor screw will give you a clean, smooth, uniform appearance.
This unique system is a simple as it is genius. The contents break down into three parts: the patented fastener gun, the fasteners themselves, and a simple rubber mallet. HIDfast provides them all to you in one convenient kit, or offers each piece individually. The fasteners are made using the highest-quality stainless steel, making them resistant to corrosion and oxidation; and the gun they are used with is relatively lightweight and easy to maneuver. The installation process could not be easier, and makes deck building bearable, even for the inexperienced do-it-yourselfer.