ERTEC is by far the world leader in special-status small vertebrate exclusion and directional barriers. ERTEC has the experience that only comes with manufacturing and installing millions of feet and hundreds of projects. ERTEC engineers have learned from feedback from hundreds of biologists to guide its continuous improvement and innovation process and to expand its effective configurations and accessories for a broad array of species and conditions. E-Fence is patented, durable and the lowest cost Wildlife Exclusion Fence or directional control barrier designed for projects in habitat where special-status small vertebrates are present. The fence is designed to exclude small vertebrates from active construction areas, control movement within fragmented habitat and for control of survey-area perimeters. The barrier is made from a heavy rigid polymer matrix which is extruded for strength and durability. The extruded strands of the ERTEC matrix will not separate, stretch or entrap even persistent intruders.ERTEC S-Fence™
Improve Sediment Control Performance:
- Long Term Stability: There is almost no decay, wind driven knock-overs, or trench washouts over the course of a long project. This leads to better long term performance.
- Easy to Get it Right: Because it is easier to install ERTEC products, failures are less likely, leading to better long-term sediment control performance.
- Water flows thru and spreads out: Traditional BMPs work by ponding water, creating a barrier to flow. Pressure from ponding water can cause washouts and overtopping. ERTEC filters while allowing flow-thru, minimize these affects.
- Test Results: Independent lab tests show outstanding sediment control performance for a passive device over multiple consecutive storms.
- Animal One-Way Gates & Detour Wings
- Personnel and Equipment Gates
- Exclusion Panels for Gates
- Trenchless ground seal systems
- Climbing Barriers
- Visual Barriers
- Integrated Sediment Control Barrier
- Temporary or Permanent Installations
- Livestock Control
- Typically cuts project costs significantly due to negligible maintenance and reduced monitoring
- Highly configurable for different species and habitat
- Particularly important in any project is for S-Fence’s ability to pass heavy stormwater flows. S-Fence allows flows, and doesn’t introduce points of water accumulation or ponding.
E-Fence™ delivers very high uptime (negligible maintenance). Unlike solid barriers (such as silt fence, plywood fence or other solid plastic barriers), this technology allows wind and water flow-through which prevents sudden wind knock-downs and storm water wash-outs at the base. And unlike hardware cloth or metal screen, it will not corrode. Monitoring and maintenance costs are substantially reduced. Available in Black and High Visibility Orange. Different configurations are availalble for different species: Options such as trench depth, ground-seal, climbing barrier, post spacing and depth vary depending on animal behavior and barrier location. Integrated Sediment Control panels (eliminates silt fence or wattles), one-way animal gates and personnel and equipment gates are available accessories.
As the Canadian supplier of ERTEC E-Fencing, it is the belief of Advanced Building Materials along with ERTEC Environmental Systems that we should be, and are committed to reducing the impact of roads and traffic on our Canadian wildlife.
For more information please follow the link below to ERTEC’s website. You will find case studies, data sheets and installation videos.