Most building materials are subject to some degradation by exposure to moisture. Building systems must be designed to resist the transfer of moisture to the inside of the structure.
It’s critical for buildings to provide comfortable spaces for occupants. Owners and designers must also consider the overall impact of their designs on the environment and how a building consumes energy. Buildings use approximately 40% of the energy consumed in Canada.
RESISTO’s basic waterproofing membrane is a self-adhesive membrane made of elastomeric bitumen and a trilaminate woven polyethylene facer. It is the ideal waterproofing solution for roofs as a base sheet in two-ply roofing systems. It can also be used for decks, balconies, patios, foundations and foundation cracks, shower bases and wash-up rooms.
DELTA®-MS is a highly effective waterproofing protection system based on a uniquely formed air-gap membrane. The main component of DELTA®-MS is the plastic (HDPE) membrane, formed in a dimple pattern to create an air-gap at the foundation wall. This unique design allows any water getting past the dimpled plastic sheet to fall freely to the footer drain.
Greenstreak PVC (Polyvinylchloride) Waterstops are the benchmark for the industry and exceed standard specifications. The versatility of PVC has made these waterstops popular with specifiers and engineers. Outstanding physical properties, excellent inherent elasticity and resistance to many waterborne chemicals has made it the most widely specified waterstop material.
PVC waterstops are available in several styles and sizes. Choosing the correct waterstop begins with determining whether the joint is moving or non-moving.
Typical Applications For PVC Waterstops Include:
- Water and waste water treatment facilities
- Dams, lock, canals, water reservoirs and aqueducts
- Tunnels and culverts
- Primary and secondary containment structure and waste water treatment facilities
ADEKA ULTRA SEAL ® is an innovative “Double-Locking” hydrophillic rubber waterstop. Adeka stops water by compression of the rubber and by hydrophillic expansion pressure when the seal is exposed to water. Adeka has been a leading hydrophillic rubber waterstop since 1977.
Hydrophillic paste in 11 ounce cartridge or 3.17 gallon pails. One of the most versatile Adeka products. Used in pre-cast segments, piping penetrations, sheet pile interlocks, in combination with other Adeka strip products on rough concrete, crack, joint repair and many other applications.
Dow SM insulation is a multi-purpose Type IV extruded polystyrene foam insulation.
- For residential and commercial applications
- Ideal for foundations, slabs, crawl spaces, interior basements, geotechnical and other in-ground insulation applications
- Also used in many other types of applications, including attics and ceilings
- Contains an average of 20% pre-consumer recycled content certified by UL Environment Inc.
- Helps protect foundation damp-proofing and waterproofing, especially during backfilling
- Provides a secondary barrier against groundwater leakage
- Freeze-thaw cycling of the foundation wall is minimized, reducing the potential for cracking
- Helps reduce the potential for condensation
- Minimum compressive strength of 30 psi (210 kPa)
PlastiSpan Insulation is a moulded expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation.
• Meets all building code requirements
• Meets CAN/ULC-S701, Type 1
• Thermal resistance – RSI 0.65/25 mm (R-value 3.75/inch)
• Closed cell insulation resists moisture
• CCMC 12424-L EPS is a closed cell, rigid foam plastic insulation that does not contain a blowing agent that provides a temporary increase in thermal resistance.
Plastispan insulation applied as continuous insulation over foundations, walls and roofs eliminates thermal bridging, increasing your total effective RSI/R-value. This reduces energy costs and increases your energy savings.